Wednesday, August 10, 2011

From My Quere to yours


Will try to make this a weekly thing:
I am by no means a film historian nor try to pose as one. I like trash just as much as I like the classics so if those which I name seem a little off the mark for you, then I'm sorry in advance.  Films, above all, are about enjoyment to the senses and no everyone agrees on what are the best and what are the worse.
One man's Citizen Kane is another's Transformers: Dark of the Moon. (ugh...i cringe)
I do like to share my current faves though...and education is what you seek, then read on.

So, this week's "Five Films that should be on your Netflix Queve" because I said so, and that's why... :)

1. A Single Man  (Colin Firth, Dir: Tom Ford. 2010) Pay close attention to the cinematography and shifts of color. Beautiful acting by Firth.

2.) Some Kind of Wonderful (Eric Stoltz, Dr: John Hughes. 1987)  The "middle child" of Hughes film canon. Just as good, if not better than Pretty in Pink and Breakfast Club

3.)  Bubba Ho-Tep (Bruce Campbell, Dr:  Don Coscarelli, 2002)  Bruce is Elvis and is getting attacked by zombies. Fantastic tongue in cheek cult classic

4.) Legend of the Fall (Brad Pitt, Anthony Hopkins, Dr: Edward Zwick. 1994) Such a good movie. Pitt in his prime. Beautiful story . Excellent mature date flick.

5.) Barney's Version (Paul Giamatti, Dr: Richard J. Lewis. 2010) Giamatti was the underdog winner at the Golden Globes for Best Actor for this film. I wasn't surprised...why? Because he's amazing, that's why. And the film, although a bit of a emotional drainer, is very good too.

1 comment:

  1. I cannot agree with Legends of the Fall. It is SO freaking depressing. On the plus side, after watching that movie you feel really good about your own life. Even if you're a bag-lady.

    ReplyDelete